MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Warm and Happy

We went to a movie tonight. And he purchased my ticket. It was, oddly, as if it were a date. But he clearly dumped me not more than a month ago. So what I am to think really?

We brushed arms and elbows - I was in a sappy-based heaven. Immediately transported back to middle school when simple moments of physical connection were akin to mini-gasms.

The storyline was serious, so I didn't notice it at first...and let's be honest, I was a little focused on the elbow-magnetism that we both seemed to be enjoying (but was it only my imagination...)...but it dawned on me that I was cold. Very cold. I was wearing a thin top and skirt - not really theater wear. I had a shawl in the car, but - tell me - who really wants to leave the theater when the movie is already in progress? I rubbed my hands over my arm - he noticed.

"Are you cold", he asked.
"Yea. I should have grabbed my shawl," I answered.

It was a few minutes later...he must have been thinking it over. He reached to the arm rest between us, moved the shared Dr. Pepper to his far side, lifted the bar, put his arm around me and pulled me close to his chest.

HEAVEN

I stayed there the rest of the movie.
And was warm and happy.

No comments: