MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Sunday, January 11, 2009

missing you

I thought of you tonight;
And our attraction,
And our instant passion.

What a fun summer!
What a crazy fall!
There was never enough time-

I was in love with you.
I loved you;
And then I had enough.

Can you overdose on someone?
How much of their essence
Is too much?

Clearly, you'd had your fill too.
Our separation was as natural as
Our magnetism.

And know that the day we didn't talk-
And the many days after that,
I missed you.

You were that something to me
That no one else can be.
You got me like no one else can.

But there was also the memory:
Of exhaustion.
Our flames burned hot and bright.

Oh, God, the fire was insane;
The creativity still burns in me;
And the acceptance: me of you and you of me-
sigh~

Our emotions were tangible.
Our ideas were voilent with action.
The music we made still haunts me.

Your voice haunts me-
Our voices in harmony together...
The sound is with me-

As I think of you tonight.
I miss you.
Know that from where you are.

No comments: