MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Monday, January 18, 2010

What he said...

He had just indulged in another chuckle and shake of his head over my Jenny-ness.

I was exasperated over the gesture- as always. But these days, the exasperation is tempered with a genuine dawning of understanding- "Jenny-ness" is and often can be something to chuckle at if you haven't lived with it all your life; heck, it is something to chuckle over even when you have lived it with all your life- I just have to step back to gain the perspective of outsiders to truly and sincerely chuckle without feeling some measure of hurt over misunderstanding.

(What misunderstanding- oh, well, we'll talk about that later.)

"What," I asked him.

"Nothing." He sighed over the delight at my expense. And then he looked at me with care and thoughtfulness, "You have a fun life."

I smiled.
The kind of smile that radiates the sunrise from my eyes, which you can't really see because they get all squinty.

"Thanks. I do. I really do."

And I meant it with every single fiber of my being.
Every ounce that is my essence believes that, and makes effort to claim that truth.

No comments: