MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

getting off my butt now, thanks!

I am preparing my first manuscript. I've had one too many people tell me to get off my butt and do something with my potential...

..and I realized that it was pretty nigh time to listen. I am a big advocate of people doing what they love and reaching others with their talent. I tell people all the time to get off their butts and live the dream.

My excuse has been...well, I am busy. Single mom, remember? Operations Manager for a small company, which means that I'm never getting my entire task list done. And I have been safe and happy in this excuse, like a cocoon, for some time now.

Being poked and prodded irritates me as much as the next person; but add to that the actual fact that as long as I rest in said cocoon - safe and tucked away...boring - I am a hypocrite. Instead of living the dream, I am maintaining.

It is the recurring choice, thrive or survive, that repeats at certain intervals in life...like that darned blue sock in the whites wash.

And, if I am being completely honest, that's not the kind of reputation I want to have - let's review: hypocrite, boring, surviving - on any level: friend, career-minded woman, mom.

And, so, I am putting in the time, doing the research, getting off my butt, so that I can get my words out there.

After that, come what may.



No comments: