MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

leaving the colors behind

I’ve abandoned the colors.
It was a conscious choice. They were there for the taking. And I love the colors! It would take no convincing to keep them close. In fact, it took a serious amount of convincing , a hard “talking to,” to leave them. Why does it matter?

Because the colors are easy. I don’t have to think when I play with the colors. They talk to me and make their own way. All I have to do is listen and play along. I love the colors.

But I came here to write. And so, in this case, the colors would end up being a distraction; an “easy out” so to speak. I love the words, but I have to think to use them. It takes time and energy: brain power. I love it; but it isn’t play- it is work. And most of the time, I don’t want to work.

No comments: