MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Friday, April 24, 2009

thoughts on Proverbs 24

5 A wise man is full of strength,
and a man of knowledge enhances his might,
6 for by wise guidance you can wage your war,
and in abundance of counselors there is victory.


This to me is a successful battle plan for life. Because there are days that I am fully convinced it is a war- as much as I'd like to be Maria on top of the mountain all that time singing about the sound of music (and believe you me, there are times when I am Maria, singing for all I'm worth, enjoying the mountaintop beauty, dancing around like I have no care in the world). Back to the war- the daily sacrifice of self in order to support others, and to make sound decisions- it is nice to have some ideas that assist with boosting strength in weak moments.

13 My son, eat honey, for it is good,
and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.
14 Know that wisdom is such to your soul;
if you find it, there will be a future,
and your hope will not be cut off.


You guys are gonna laugh at me. I read v. 14 and thought, "oh, no! I read that yesterday. Did I skip ahead yesterday and not realize it?" I actually had to reread my post from yesterday. And because that wasn't good enough for me, I pulled out my Bible to make sure that online source I've been using wasn't wrong. I can't tell you how these words are resounding in my heart; God's timing is impecible. And the fact that he was willing to repeat it for me....I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Proverbs 23:18 - For surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off.
Proverbs 24:14 - So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul; if you have found it, thre is a prospect, and your hope will not be cut off.

No comments: