MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Friday, May 15, 2009

proverbs 15; and thoughts developing over discussions based on proverbs 13 & 14

**entry in proverbs bible study email group - blog readers are coming in mid-conversation, sorry about that**

3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.


Sometimes this spooks me out (in that "every breathe you take" stalker way)-

But today, I found it very comforting.

Today this verse tells me that God is in control; that he see the actions and the motivations of the heart; that he considers both the good and bad; and that no matter where we are or what we are doing, he sees.

And I feel that this can tie into the conversations relating to Proverbs 13-

**By the way, I really enjoyed the honestly confessed by this group- I didn't chime in, but don't think for a minute that I'm a Born Organizer (at least, not in my household chores!). Any of your statements can and do relate to me and my house: the bathrooms, the laundry, the dishes, the dust, the floors, etc...

I think that God knows us so well.
And loves us for the people were are- both our strengths and weaknesses.
COMPLETELY.
And I don't think we need to feel guilty for our weak areas- now, I don't think we need to wallow in them and forsake trying to develop them- but I don't think that we can beat ourselves up because they are rough things for us to conquer (no matter what our best friends can do; or Martha Stewart; or that B.O. housekeeper that radiates housewifely perfection).

God has been cultivating a spirit of honesty within me- of being honest with HIM.

I've been in the process of shedding who I've been taught God is, and asking God directly, "who are You?" Which also leads to other questions:
"What do you want from me?"
"Why is my life this way?"
"Why do I seem to have such a hard time keeping up?"

And it is a PROCESS. Part of the issue is that I am human, sometimes, (shock) don't WANT to hear the answer. It may mean that I have to change. But I want to be that person who is willing to change- and not in superficial ways: I don't want to look the part; I want to be the part- REALLY BE it.

So, if I am being lazy; then yes, God forgive me that my house is a wreck, because I am cultivating a negative characteristic.

But, if I have been busy doing the things that I am good at, if I have been loving people, if I have been investing in my family and friends, if I have been diligent focusing on my strong points; then beating myself up and feeling guilty because I am not perfect in all things (i.e. beating myself up because I am not God [and aren't we all thankful :)]) is not worth my time or energy.

Whew- where did all of that come from?
I hope you guys enjoyed-

I love you all; and have really enjoyed reading all the comments in the last couple of days! You are a group of women to treasure!

Happy Friday!

No comments: