MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Monday, May 17, 2010

limited posting

I can appreciate the intense power of words- as I use them and wield them. Sometimes, even I wince at the formation of thoughts that appear from my fingertips. And sometimes, I write and delete, ashamed at the raw vulnerability of the expression. And I think of the young ones- no matter the age; and my possible negative influence.

And so, I censor myself.
And then feel irritated at having done so-

Because sometimes, ugly and raw and hurt and anger need expression too. They need life and form. A moment in reality, black and white, when I can inspect and evaluate and decide. And sometimes, having others take time to inspect- for me or for them- is a good thing too.

It has the potential for being a moment of growth for everyone involved and invested in the process. And so, censor no more- but posting will be limited. Just as available, but a little extra to get the goods will be required.

The old ones will fight for the ripe fruit, because they know it tastes good.

No comments: