MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

who you are, as you are

I received a really sweet and sincere compliment this morning. It made me feel really good because the compliment targeted something that I consider a not-so-pretty feature. It made me feel loved and acceptable for who I am, as I am.

And I thought, how nice would it be if we could love and accept people for who they are, as they are more often? In essence, cut each other a little more slack for not fitting into the accepted stereotypes that have been created- and that we put up on those pedestals.

How hard would it be to implement this into our daily lives with the people within our spheres? I am certainly not suggesting that we have to be best-buds with everyone we know- I am definitely not an advocate for that. But giving each other a little grace isn't a bad idea- last time I checked, we are all living this moment for the first time ever.

Seems to be that a little extra sincere grace running around would make the life journey a little easier, and less stressful for all of us-

Imagine: being accepted for who you are, as you are
And then providing the same courtesy to others.

No comments: