MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

..and the party begins

Would this be considered the pre-party?

Technically, this began on January 31st and ran over into Feb 1....so....it counts either way; whether you are considering a pre-party or an actual documented event of the month. The only thing that matters is that it was celebrate-worthy!

What was I doing?
Building castles in the sky with a dear friend.

Can you even begin to compare your night with mine?
(Oh, no. Don't try. I promise you, this was great.)

------

So, I had a friend come over to share some good (and bad...still so sorry about that) wine and catch up. You can meet my friend - he's got a blog as well and you can find him at http://persagax.blogspot.com

And catch up we did; and I loved every minute of it. We talked about gaming and I learned about PAX and met Gladys from Portal. I learned about Child's Play and how I could donate items to the North Carolina Children's Hospital directly from their Amazon Wish List (by the way, how cool is that?!)

I was reintroduced to WCW's "This is just to say" - because I swear I've heard this poem before...but where? Could it just maybe be in one of the many English classes I had to take for my major....well, maybe. And now, am inspired to write my own variation of the poem (because, yes, that's how I plan on classifying it).

And, of course, the transition to This American Life was smooth and easy from there. And, well, once you get on This American Life, there's no telling where you can end up, which is something I love as well.

------

And so, a night with a friend I love talking about topics that I love and drinking a wine that I love (because I clearly did not drink the others).

Definitely celebrate-worthy!
A nice start I would say...

No comments: