MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I hear the drums echoing tonight...

Tonight's theme song: Africa by Toto

Today's gift - a long phone conversation with one of my besties who currently resides in Spokane, WA. I miss her so much. And I don't call as I should, because I hate talking on the phone in general....but it was so nice to hear her voice and share about our current goings-on.

We also took some time to talk and dream about our upcoming trip to Kenya. And that was definitely another luxury that I took advantage of - I've known about this trip since summer 2009. In fact, during my interview for a position at WebSpark, I asked my soon-to-be Boss if he would commit to giving me the time off. He thought I was crazy - planning something 2 summers away...but now it is this year, and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. But, I don't think about it often...I am too busy. I mean sure, I've been saving; but I don't let myself daydream since I've got plenty in my here and now keeping my mind occupied.

My friend is a Kenyan connoisseur. She's taken several mission trips, led several mission trips and even lived an entire year as an intern for Beacon of Hope. This woman is a pro, and when I heard in 2009 that she was considering a Friends and Family trip, I was immediately interested and submitted my RSVP.

The trip will span just over a week of time - we will be based in Nairobi for the first few days, connecting with the Beacon of Hope group. Later in the week, we will be headed out on safari.

Are you excited yet?
I am!

And now, I'm going to stuff it back in and get to work on this pile of laundry that is screaming to be folded. Did I say pile?! It looks more like Kilimanjaro as it rises like Olympus above the Serengeti.

I promise that I will keep you updated on the travel blog: My OK Place

No comments: