MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Sunday, February 6, 2011

a red star and a black check

This was a big party weekend and clearly was planned to be as a part of the "28 Days of Celebrating 30" month long event.

Red Star
On the top of my left hand there's a very, very faint (because, dear god, I have taken a shower since then) red star. My entry mark from ARTISTIKA NIGHTCLUB. I was invited by a friend to check out their events on Friday nights, Electrofunk Friday. And, the night of Feb 4th was incidentally my first free Friday night to check it out. One of my besties came along and we met up with a couple of friends of mine who live in Winston Salem. This was definitely one of the most diverse clubs I have ever been to - and it was clear that everyone was there to jam-out (which we all know, is one of my favorite things to do). The vibe was alternative and techno. We were the cool vampires of the night in all the great movies you've seen. The crowd was a bit young (wow, did I just say that?!), but playful - and that kept the vibe light and fun. After an abysmal game of pool, we just decided to focus on the jams and rock our bodies. Left a little early (it had been a work day after all) with a mental note to schedule a Saturday night visit for their Salsa Nights.

Black Check
On the top of my right hand there's a slightly smudged black check: my entry mark for Tir Na Nog Irish Pub. My absolute favorite 80's cover band, Suicide Blonde, performed from 10:30 to 2 on Saturday night / Sunday morning. One of my favorite things about going to a Blonde show are the other people who are there: 80's music fans are among the coolest of people. I've had the opportunity to meet up with other followers of the band and jam-out with them on several occasions. This time around, we got our respective friends together and jammed-out as an entire group. Absolutely priceless. And so goes another night for the record books (there are a lot of nights recorded in association with Suicide Blonde performances...coincidence? I think not!)

Even with all the partying, I've maintained a 7 day work week; but that's one of the things I love about my lifestyle: because I work very hard, I earn the right to play very hard as well.

No comments: