MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

squeak

"I am woman, hear me roar."
Helen Reddy

I'd like to think that I am awesome.
Capable of anything.
Willing to do anything.
Able to BE anything.

And I think that the potential is within me.
I take that back-
I know that the potential BURNS within me.

But my flames are blanketed by my fear of man.
Fear of reputation.
Fear of fallout, of consequences.

OH, if I could but unleash myself of such fetters...
where would I be?
what would I be doing?
would my world be on fire?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! i completely endorse that feeling!

Juan G. Garcia said...

You ARE awesome!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

I believe the next line is, "...in numbers too big to ignore."

Doing something, anything, is memorable if its sincere.

In time, even a series of repeated small acts or a series of repeated small accomplishments is perceived by all as a substantially loud roar
"too big to ignore"... that of substance.

The smallest step taken in the direction we would like to move marks the end of where we've been and the the first moment of our new future reality...

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
-Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The best thing about the future is that it comes by one day at a time."
-Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
-Henry Ford (1863-1947)