MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Friday, November 14, 2008

i am so sorry

Izzie, I'm so sorry.
I am so sorry that it didn't work.

I thought it was a good idea. I wanted it to work. Burning the sweater- a great idea! You even mustered up the courage to ask Alex for help- three cheers for you. I was holding my breath. If it worked, then I would gather my strength and courage too-

But it didn't.
We were on the precipice of answers, but there were none when we got on the other side.

And now it seems that you are headed for ruin. Because you talked back: and now you can feel. And for you, it's real.

I mourn for you.
I am jealous of you.
And while I watch, I will snuggle with my own sweater of the past; since burning doesn't seem to be a good idea.

No comments: