MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Sunday, November 16, 2008

just wondering...

I was just wondering how much we influence each other. How am I different because of the people I've kept close; how am I different because of those I've left behind. And how am I different because of the ghosts that follow me?

If you and I had continued to be friends-
Would we be better for the continued investment in each other's lives?
I would like to think that we would be better- not worse. That we would have kept each other accountable in a way that no one else in the world could do-

That our connection and devotion to each other would have spilled out to touch other lives. And that they too would be the better for it.

I'm in a reminiscent mood; and not really interested in that admonishing voice warning against the "what if" game being a waste of time.

I was just wondering- what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The people you keep close usally are the people most like you. We all change with time. Finding a few close people that will give you the right advice, support,prayer, and hold you accountable is something we all need. Just remember to keep yourself surrounded with the people that will chanllenge you to grow, change and be more like your Savior. Finding people like this is hard, so after you do---Don't lose them.