MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

yesterday

Yesterday:

I was the mistress of my own fate.
I was a journey-man: atlas in hand (or passenger seat).
I was the seeker of jewels.

I was famished for Bill's BBQ, really the corn sticks.
I sought information.
I learned new roads.

I sent love to family.
I patted a dog.
I felt silly, happily.

I got stuck in traffic and yelled, "Ah ha! I will have toast before you!"
I took pictures of clouds while driving.
I contemplated a hotel stay.

I listened to Jason.
I listened to my Purchased Play List.
I sang at the top of my lungs.

I danced within the constraints of my seat belt.
I saw a forest fire; I smelled a forest fire.
I smelled chicken poo. (YUCK)

I walked on the beach.
I saw the sun set.
I heard the waves crash.

I was there- in that moment- forever.
I was there for 10 minutes- max.
My feet were cold.

10 Minutes on the beach fueled me for 3 more hours on the road.

No comments: