MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

face it

Calm down
Deep breaths
Get yourself dressed- (and out of bed)

If it's a broken part-
replace it
If it's a broken arm-
then brace it
If it's a broken heart-
then face it.

HOLD YOUR OWN.
KNOW YOUR NAME.
AND GO YOUR OWN WAY.

And everything-
Everything will be fine.

-from Details in the Fabric by Jason Mraz

Too much running. Too much denying. Too much pretending things are okay. Enough is enough.

I look in the mirror and face the facts- ugly, hurting, and uncertain.
And, I'll be okay-
Why?
Because Jason says so...
Because Jana says so...
Because Romans 8:28 says so...

Because I have looked myself in the mirror, taken a deep breath, faced the bleak facts, remembered who I am and said so...

No comments: