MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

my merchant's tigerlily

It is a beautiful day-
A cloudy, gray day.
Cool and perfect.

A great day to listen to Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily.

Go West- paradise is there!
You'll be the brightest light the world has ever seen.
Your future bright beyond compare...
Such an awful sound,
The walls came tumbling down-

Disbelieving what they're seeing
They say I must be one of the wonders
Of God's own creation.
They can offer no explanation-
Know this child will be able,
Know this child will be gifted,
She'll make her way.

You were the love
For certain of my life.
I can't believe
I've lost the very best of me.
It's you I can't deny.
It's you I can't defy.
A depth so deep into my grief-
I renounce my life.
Now my suffering begins-

It's nothing but a tragedy
Lay to rest your soul and body,
Lay beside your name,
Lay to rest your rage,
Where your heart had burst
Where you had died.

I have walked these streets-
Have I been blind, lost?
Inside myself and my own mind,
Hypnotized, mesmerized?

I may know the truth-
But not face it,
Indifferent.
I'm on my knees,
I'm begging now;
But it's all gray-
All gray to me now.
This may be the time,
But I might waste it.
Something move me!
Someone prove me wrong!

The pages I could write-
Bitter words it would contain,
Wishing to never know your name.
The truth it would reveal-

Together, they are lovers cruel.
Can't you love me too?
He grows sober, sees his love
And gets on the move.

Accidentally, do you say my name?

Climbing over,
Climbing under,
I'm bound for the riverside-
To soothe my mind
To ponder, to sit, to watch.
O, Child, it's lovely!

How did I love you?
The rightful guardian of my life...
I made offerings of everything I had-
You were all that I could see.
You lied.
Damn you, betrayer.


She makes it all sound so beautiful.
An amazing soundtrack to a day like this-

**the words from the poem above are pulled directly from the lyrics of Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily- chronological by song."

No comments: