MANTRA

"If I knew all the words, I would write myself out of here." MRAZ

Monday, September 1, 2008

something good

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Have you seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?
There is this moment towards the end of the movie when Indiana must take a step of faith onto the invisible bridge. His father is dying and he needs the Holy Grail filled with the water of life to save him. So, he is scared to death to step out, because there is a deep, cavernous fall; but he is as scared not to act for fear of losing his father.

Have you read the Gospels in the New Testament?
There is this story about Jesus and the disciples. They were floating on the Sea of Galilee. Peter is in the boat, looks out towards the water, and sees Jesus walking on the water. Peter wants to follow and calls out to Jesus, "let me follow you." And Jesus says,"Come." And Peter steps out of the boat and starts walking on the water towards Jesus! He gets scared, starts sinking; and Jesus picks him back up.

And here the twain shall meet.
Just call me IndyPete.

As of this moment, I am out on that invisible bridge; I am out on the sea, and those waves are CHOPPY! I want to trust in the path, but I am afraid that the next step, the unknown path, won't be releaved in time. I am afraid to fall; to sink; to drown.

I have faith- enough to ask for more.
I have taken some steps- enough to know that the next ones have been revealed.

But with every single step, the pressure mounts; and there is more at risk.
There is so much at stake.

Do I cross the "invisible" bridge, get to the other side, find the Holy Grail?

Can I ignore the CHOPPY waves and look towards Jesus with never failing eyes?


I would love to tell you that I was confident enough in myself, in my faith that I was doing the cha-cha across the bridge; and salsa dancing with Jesus through those choppy waves. But I am not.
These are timid times.
I am unsure of so many things.
Confidence is slow in returning; and direction is non-existent- it seems.

So, call me IndyPete.
And pray for my feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok well you know you have my support and I have faith in YOU!!

Susanne said...

Oh, I feel a lot like you often. You expressed it well, IndyPete. Thanks for your openness.